Aside from falling crunchy leaves, the mild, cozy weather, and good TV shows, what else do kids look forward during the autumn season? Probably, the trick or treat celebration on the 31st of October!
Indeed, Halloween is around the corner. For kids, it means a hand-full of sweet candies for free and loads of sugary treats to stock for the winter. While this might be good news for them, the idea leaves parents worried about their children’s oral health.
Selah mommies, we understand that it could be challenging for you to ensure the dental health of your kids while on the season of the Halloween where eating unhealthy snacks are part of the celebration. But we at Selah Creek Dental, as part of our Pediatric Dentistry services, would like to extend our help to those parents who want to keep their child’s mouth, teeth, and gums as healthy as it can be.
How to Keep the Teeth Healthy During Halloween
Here’s what you can do to preserve your kids’ oral health on Halloween and all throughout the year!
- Incorporate Halloween candies on children’s meal rather than eating them as a separate snack. During meal time, saliva production increases, thereby canceling the acids in the mouth and washing off food particles.
- As much as possible, avoid giving them hard candies that can stay in the mouth for a long time. Tooth decay often takes place depending on how long the sugary foods linger in the mouth.
- Ask them to drink more water to flush away sticky treats that cling to the mouth and the teeth areas as well.
- After chewing and munching those sweet treats, secure that they brush their teeth for two minutes to clean off unnecessary food debris.
- Flossing can also help get rid of the decay-causing bacterias that are caught in between the spaces of the teeth.
- Scheduling a pediatric dentistry appointment for your kids with us at Selah Creek Dental before or after the trick or treat season is necessary to prevent oral irregularities and problems from occurring.
Pediatric dentistry is a special branch in the field of dental care that caters to the children’s dental needs. The services included in it may vary, but we at Selah Creek Dental provide complete checkups, preventive treatments, restorations, children’s sedation, spacers, and emergency dentistry.
For your child’s Pediatric Dentistry needs in Selah, WA, visit us at Selah Creek Dental. We are located at 202 W. Naches Ave., Selah, WA 98942.