For patients who wish to straighten their teeth, orthodontic dentistry would be the ideal solution to achieve just that. Despite this, some people are still hesitant to undergo the procedure due to the common hassles associated with it. Thankfully, the technological advances made way for the discoveries of orthodontic options that are much comfortable, convenient and discreet.
Invisalign, a specific brand of a clear aligner, is one of the most in-demand orthodontic options that many people opted to. Instead of using the usual metal brackets and wires to move the teeth to its proper position, it utilized a thermoplastic material. Although it may seem like a simple approach, the material is durable and highly elastic. Patients who undergo the procedure or are thinking of getting Invisalign are assured that it works effectively like metal braces.
At Selah Creek Dental, we carefully formulate treatment plans for each of our orthodontic patients that avail of the clear aligner. It is to guarantee that the custom-made trays would provide a perfect fit for better comfort and effectivity. Aside from this, we also prepared some tips that our Invisalign patients can benefit from.
Tips to Achieve Orthodontic Success with Invisalign
- Although the aligners can be removed easily, patients should observe its proper wear. For it to move the teeth, it should be worn for 20 to 22 hours a day.
- As much as possible, only take out the trays when eating, cleaning, and drinking. It is okay to consume plain water with the aligner on but not juices and other beverages to prevent it from staining.
- Clean the mouth before putting the aligners back on, especially after eating. It is necessary to get rid of factors that can damage both the teeth and the Invisalign trays.
- Although cleaning it is much easier since it can be removed from the mouth, it does not mean that any products would suffice. We advise using clear, gentle antibacterial soaps with a soft-bristled toothbrush. Doing so makes sure that the aligner can stay in its best shape.
- Replace the trays as advised. It varies on the condition of each patient, but dentists usually recommend that Invisalign aligners should be switched out every two weeks. The given sequence should be followed to avoid any unnecessary discomfort due to the wrong tray worn.
- Visit the dentist every four to six months. It is a vital part of the treatment for them to keep track of the teeth’s progress. Additional trays may also be provided when necessary.
Take note of these tips as well as any recommendations from our dentist at Selah Creek Dental to achieve the smile you have always dreamed of!
Bring out your best smile with Invisalign Clear Aligners in Selah, WA, book your appointments with Selah Creek Dental! Call us to experience an outstanding treatment in making your teeth straighter, beautiful and healthy!